Parent Teacher Association
Chair: Sophia Parker
Treasurer: Jannine Erben
Secretary: Aderyn Gillett
Stoke College has a very successful and active Parent Teacher Association.
This organisation exists both to provide a communications link between parents and teachers and to raise funds, normally via social activities, for interesting projects. Membership of the association is free. All parents are in membership and we hope you will want to support PTA fundraising events.
The main aim of the PTA is to raise money to enhance the school’s facilities for the benefit of all pupils. However, we also like to think that through a varied programme of social events and fundraising projects we help to make Stoke College a friendly, caring and supportive community for pupils, their families and the staff.
Help us to raise money for the PTA to support the College
Easyfundraising is the easiest way to raise money for Stoke College – Sudbury.
Shop with any of over 2000 well known retailers listed on easyfundraising.org.uk and a percentage of what you spend is passed to Stoke College – Sudbury at no additional cost to you. Retailers include Amazon, M&S, Vodafone, eBay, Tesco, Viking and many more.
Please register to support us today – http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/stokecollegesudbury
Contact person for events: Secretary of PTA
All these events have helped in raising money to fund the following:
- Interactive whiteboards
- Outdoor, water-proof playsuits for nursery
- New Pre-prep play areas
- Encyclopaedias for the new resources department
- Laptop computers
- Contributions towards multiple school trips
- Additional tables for school events
- A badge and key ring maker for school events
- Additional funding for future enhancements towards the geological garden and cricket pavilion
- A computerised inventory system for the library
- Additional resources for the DT suite
- Memory map software and new tents for the Duke of Edinburgh scheme
- Digital cameras and a listening station for the prep school
- A wii console and games for the boarders
- Support for the gardening club
- Tennis nets
- Educational games for the LDU
Would you like to help?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
We often hear from parents who want to help on the day but are not keen on committee meetings. If this is you please get in touch!! Help on the day is paramount to our success!
Just by turning up at an event you are doing your bit to help raise money for the school, so even if you can’t be involved behind the scenes, please bring your friends and family along.
If you would like any further information please contact any PTA member, through the school office.
The PTA would like to welcome all new pupils and their families for the coming term, and look forward to meeting you.
Lastly and most importantly, we would like to offer our most sincere thanks to all those who have helped and supported the PTA over the past year.