This guidance is an overview of the measures that we intend to apply in order to be confident of a safe return for all students following the October Half Term Break.
Please note: If your child has travelled through, or stayed in, an area that is deemed ‘High Risk’ within the past 10 days, you may, at your own discretion, wish to keep your child at home for the first week of the new half term. Should you decide to follow this course of action, please contact Miss Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr Chen (email@example.com) to arrange for work to be provided via Google Classroom.
We will aim to prevent the spread of Covid 19 by:
- Maintaining hygiene standards by encouraging regular hand washing, the use of hand sanitiser and by continuing enhanced cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- Reminding all members of the school community to maintain social distancing where practicable.
- Wearing PPE where necessary.
- Ensuring that any member of the school community who develops symptoms of Covid 19 does not attend Stoke College for the recommended period of isolation and that anyone with suspected symptoms of Covid 19 follows the NHS Test and Trace process.
- Encouraging all members of the school community to practice good respiratory hygiene by adopting the ‘catch it, kill it, bin it’ approach.
- Continuing to review our approach according to any further government advice that is released.
In order to protect members of the school community:
- We would ask all parents and guardians provide their son/daughter with a face mask which is to be worn when moving around the school site and, at the teacher’s discretion, in classrooms (unless an individual is exempt from wearing a mask).
- All students should bring personalised hand sanitiser and tissues to school with them.
- We shall be keeping students in ‘Year Group Bubbles’ as much as is possible while still allowing for all the activities that enrich school life and the mixed aged group friendships that make Stoke so special, to continue.
- Within the classroom, staff and students will be asked to maintain social distancing by limiting the extent to which they move around the classroom.
- Lessons will proceed as timetabled and, in the event of a partial or full lockdown, we will follow all guidelines and will endeavor to deliver a full timetable of lessons without modification if it is practicable to do so.
- Hand sanitiser is to be used upon arriving at, and upon leaving, a classroom or other teaching space.
- During clubs and activities, social distancing will be sustained.
- Clubs and activities will be offered in accordance with government guidance and provision will be reviewed should further guidance be released.
No member of the school community should attend Stoke College if they are displaying one or more of the symptoms of Covid 19
These symptoms are:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
Anyone displaying any of these symptoms must stay at home and self-isolate for 10 days. Anyone in the household of the person displaying symptoms should also self-isolate for 14 days. As soon as possible, anyone displaying symptoms should arrange for a coronavirus test to take place: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/ (correct at the time of writing).
In the event that a student displays any of the symptoms of Covid 19 whilst at school, the following procedure must be followed:
- The student must tell an adult (or report to School Reception) as soon as they begin to be aware of the symptom
- The student will be isolated
- If the student is displaying any symptoms of Covid 19, a parent or guardian will be contacted immediately and must be prompt in collecting their son/daughter from school. A test must be arranged as soon as possible and the school informed of the result.
- Should a child test positive for Covid 19, the college will follow procedures in relation to informing Public Health England and with regard to following Test and Trace processes.
Should you have any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Deputy Head Pastoral and DSL)